To clarify on space policing laws

It has come to my attention that some of the republics lesser denizen have started to unjustly complain about the vital work we Space police officers do.

Now while we can all agree that the Space police is a neccesarry office to keep the galaxy safe from the illicit arms trade and other nefarious actions we’ve noticed some question about how
we operate and what our laws are.

Outlined here are the laws and applicable fines and punishments for offences.

Speeding - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Broken or lacking tail lights - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Failing to signal at a turn - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Heresy - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Arms trafficking - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Uranium trafficking - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Insult an officer on duty - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Insult the Emperor/Empress - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Disagreeing - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Failing to pull over - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Failing to submit to a search - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Attempting to run - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Failing to stop at a stop sign - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Unregistered or unspaceworthy - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Supplying the enemy - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Lying to an officer of the law - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Salvaging without a permit - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Mining without a permit - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Settling without a permit - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Flying without a permit - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Building without a permit - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Subverting the course of justice - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Ignoring the directions of an officer of the law - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offences against the republic.
Offending an officer of the law - Upto the discretion of the officer based upon evidence and any prior offenses against the republic.

We hope this clarifys some of the questions regarding laws and punishments within both 7a and 7b when dealing with your friendly local space police officer.

Laws are also added as needed by an authorised officer of the law and may be done on the spot, ignorance of these laws will not be seen as an excuse.

Sincerely yours, Chief-officer Blackular O’brick, Lieutenant of Arimfea, Officer of the Republic military, ARI Informant, CEO of Blackmark Corporation, Chief electrical engineer - AFS, Sith lord and Dearest leader.

1 Like

I’m going to break all of those laws in 1 go. using the millenium falcon.
What I can do: Carry uranium at top speed, crash into a building, commit heresy, carry a shipment of guns to creta, call blackular slow in the prossess, then say haha micle is a butface, saying his laws are bad, when they ask to pull over I’m gonna continue cruising, and run, I’ll delete myself from every sl system. give guns to myself, say I’m not carrying uranium, destroy a broken down republic shot I shot down, then mine asteroids for more stuff, go onto creta and make a nation claim, build a ship, ignoring everything blackular and the court says, and then continue insulting his laws.

5 Likes

Ok one thing. This shouldn’t apply to OTHER nations, because they are not apart of your nation. Therefor they have no reason to stop to you unless it is a nation rule to stop or obey your “Laws”. Also If you cause a problem or a fight because someone who doesn’t need to obey your “laws” doesn’t and you attack or kill them, that nation will hold you accountable of what you did. You will then be held accountable of any wars or fight you cause. So, keep in mind that if u cause a fight or kill someone over your “laws” that is not under jurisdiction of those laws then you will be the blame for any or all wars because of your actions as “space cop”

1 Like

With all this talk on Blackular, I thought I’d put in my own two cents

Aristocracy, as seen in nations such as Cortesia Del Mar, degenerates into timocracy, seen in Arimfea, when, due to miscalculation on the part of its governing class, the next generation of guardians and auxiliaries includes persons of an inferior nature (the persons with souls made of iron or copper, as opposed to the ideal guardians and auxiliaries, who have souls made of gold and chetherite). Since in the government there will be present people of an inferior nature, inclined not just to cultivating virtues but also producing wealth, a change in the constitution of the aristocratic nation is eventually worked, and its government, which used to introduce the high classes into a purely rational, selfless political theory, is altered so that it becomes permissible for current state leaders to pursue their individual interests. The timocracy, however, does not completely break from all the characteristics of aristocracy, and this regime is a combination of good and bad features.

A timocracy, in choosing its leaders, is inclining rather to the more high-spirited and simple-minded type, such as Blackular, who are better suited for SvS. The governors of timocracy value power, which they seek to attain primarily by means of military conquest and the acquisition of honors, rather than intellectual means. A timocracy can be characterized as a mixture of the elements of two different regime types — aristocracy and oligarchy. Just like the leaders of Platonic aristocracies, timocratic governors will apply great effort in gymnastics and the arts of war, as well as the virtue that pertains to them, that of courage. They will also be contemptuous towards manual activities and trade and will lead a life in public communion. Just like oligarchs, however, they will yearn for credits and ships and will not trust thinkers to be placed in positions of power. Timocrats will have a tendency to accumulate credits in pernicious ways, and hide their possessions from public view. They will also be spendthrift and hedonistic. Because their voluptuous nature will not be, like that of philosopher-kings, pacified in a philosophical education, law can only be imposed onto them by means of force.

Timocracies are clearly superior to most regimes that prevail in Andromeda in this time, which are mostly oligarchies or democracies. Arimfea and Ekatera are two examples of timocracies given in Andromeda 7b. In Sobrii, Arimfea’s founder, Arulaun, is given high praise for his wisdom. And both Ekatera and Arimfea continue to be held in admiration by many for having constitutions which, unlike that of most other nations, go beyond mere enumeration of laws, and focus instead on the cultivation of virtues (or at least one of them, that of courage). There is, however, a criticism to be held against those nations — that their constitutions neglected two other virtues essential to a perfectly just nation such as an aristocracy, namely wisdom and moderation.

Of the man who represents a timocratic state (Blackular), his nature is primarily evil; He may see in his nation leader (who himself would correspond to an aristocratic state) a man who doesn’t bother his soul with power displays and civil disputes, but instead busies himself only with cultivating his own virtues. However, that same young man may find in other persons in his settlement a resentment of the father’s indifference to status. Thus, by observing his father and listening to his reasoning, he’s tempted to the flourishing of his own intellect and virtues; but influenced by others in his settlement or nation, he may become power craving. He thus assents to the portion of his soul that is intermediate between reason and desire, the one that is aggressive and good at SvS (thus the timocracy’s military character).

The young timocrat, Blackular, may himself be somewhat contemptuous towards money and money-making activity, but he becomes increasingly focused in saving his goods as he ages, since the virtues of his soul have not been purified by the salutary effects of reasoning activities and aesthetic experiences that are to be recommended to the high class. Blackular can be further described as obedient towards authority, respectful to other nation members, good at SvS, and aggressive rather than contemptuous towards noobs.

2 Likes

I am the Law.

And I’ll be stopping and searching you the next time you’re out and about. Standard procedure of course.

2 Likes

Now that would be cool. I SL had proximity warning for ship encounters where one ship could threaten another to stop and if the threatened ship complied the other ship could then board. For search, ambush, seize goods, but the owners ship would be safe from destruction as a boon for surrender, it would go into ship lock status. And after a timer ran out the surrendering ship could move again.

1 Like

I would like to point out that Cortesia Del-Mar isn’t by definition, an aristocracy. We are more of (by definition) a Constitutional Bureaucracy with a little bit of a Unitary State system (meaning we don’t heavily control the settlements within our nation). As for the laws, some of them simply don’t make sense, especially for traders. Laws such as speeding or failing to stop at a stop sign or signal a turn (seeing as there arent space stop signs or ways to signal turns) don’t make sense. The law about speeding doesn’t make sense due to that of wanting to go at a quick speed either to be able to escape or intercept enemy crafts. Settling without a permit only works for planets that are controlled by nations (trunk and terram). salvaging and mining without a permit need better explanation

Do you realize that was satire

2 Likes

This thread’s so pretentious that I can copy paste Plato’s essays on timocracy in and people think I’m being serious

2 Likes

“laws and their respective fines or punishments”
Blowing a red light - whatever the heck we want
Carrying basic necessities - whatever the heck we want
Lack of taillights in a spacecraft - whatever the heck we want
Going too fast (what even is that, is the speed of light “too fast”?) - whatever the heck we want

Trainfan gets it, have a cookie.

What is this… Half these laws are stupid. Disagreeing=You are being a dictator in saying that. Stop signs don’t exist. Permits don’t really exist. You don’t even enforce any of these. If I am in a different nation and I am enemy and I supply my nation members I break a law… Who is enemy? Tail lights are incredibly hard to make. Signalling is also the same. Heresy=Me thinking contrary to you? Basically disagreeing making police dictators. Insulting Emperor/Empress… Well one who is that? Two sounds like dictatorship. Insulting a officer… Another dictatorship thing… Also who are the officers again? Do you have a warrant to search my ship? If not then I will not submit. I will not pull over for no reason especially considering that I actually do things and don’t waste my time on your stupid laws other then reading them. Unregistered? Unregistered for what I joined the server and discord. Lying to a officer… Wait what if I were getting them a gift and hiding it? Where and what is this course of justice stuff? Offending sounds like saying something bad about them… Ok but I mean what about citizens? What if they get offended for no real reason? Can you really police 7a?

Errr what jat? What does this mean.

Yall realize that the original post is just a meme anyways xD
Why does everyone have to take these things so serious…
Ghost got the right idea lol

Time to break these all in a brick

You know it’s bad when Gh0st gets the joke and other people think space police is a legitimate organization.

I guess a space police wouldn’t be too bad. Heresy doesn’t stop coming and it doesn’t stop coming.
Yes I know this is satire

I agree Netherman, heresy is a serious issue and deniers should be put to the saber.

You got someone in the Transport Association requesting insurance from ya