SL advertising through YT and social media

I noticed how some of my old oblivion friends like tpac who went on to SL’s competition have told me about how SQ is going to start to advertise and they say SL will die out I would like to know if anyone has a popular YouTube or social mixes page or something like that if not I can make like a YouTube seen as UNSC gets all the action and if I do it can be posted on SL website I think it in incredibly important that more people hear of the great game SL

They’re wrong. SQ is good at attracting many people at once then dying in a couple of weeks. The fact of the matter is, we don’t need more advertising. We might try to do more, but we don’t need it. Also UNSC doesn’t get all the action.

I still think that advertising for SL would be a good idea even if it wasn’t to beat out SQ it would make the server more exciting and lest of a ghost town

I like the idea of someone making YT videos for it.

blackclone did, his wasn’t bad but then again micle is just a butt and said NOOOOOOPE and then he fricking left.

I did no such thing :joy: At any rate blackclones channel was disliked by most people as it had ridiculous amounts of swearing in it and were fairly low quality. He had very few views and they were mostly just from his friends.

well atleast he did SOMETHING.

I loved his channel i thought ot was fun to watch while i was away from SL

I agree that it’d be great if we had a youtuber who could do regular content based on SL. If anyone knows one, it’d be great if you could get them to do that. We do have a server youtube channel here, but it only has 53 subscribers.

Micle can you make a category on this form for YT video uploads or something like that a category where people can post links to videos they want posted on the SL you tube

Make that 54 subscribers!!!

I have to agree with K on this. Especially given recent issues popping up on the server, ALL nations need more new players to come on. Whether it’s through social media, youtube, or some other media, we need to advertise and market the server (I’m a PR major, it’s what I do) more and in a better way. Also it would be a good idea for the purposes of player retention to make some much needed updates and expansions to the wiki, as newbies tend to use that the most in the first few days to figure things out.

If you have a problem with the wiki, then why don’t you work on it? I don’t think it’s an easy thing to do so when people complain about it, it is very annoying as they aren’t doing anything to help.

If I had the editing privileges and the ability to I would happily work on it.

I’m pretty sure that the wiki is open source due to Xarulok saying the same thing before when people have complained

It took me a long time to go through all the github demonstrations and stuff amd it was still confusing after that but its honestly worth it to put in the effort to make your own contribution