New Advancement System Progress/Discussion

The last major thing that needs to be implemented for the update (other than balancing) is advancements. Since I’m redoing how they work internally in order to be less glitchy, it needs to be considered how they are structured.

The ranks go from 1-10. There’s a variety of types of power machines that you need to unlock to use. Some need to be accessible to newer players. Which machines should be unlockable at which levels? Or, perhaps it can be a detached tech tree, and levels mainly just unlock ships, plus other things in the future. This way it could be for example, use xp for power bank 1, now you can use xp for power bank 2, and so on.

Trade Update Progress/Discussion

Is there a way to use the Minecraft achievements menu? It could be a tree set up in there, where to go in certain directions you need certain things first (hyperdrive 1 before hyperdrive 2, etc)

that’s what we already do, it’s just super glitchy

Hm… kinda torn here.

On one hand I can see it being cool to have all techs available to get at certain ranks. Would make each rank important in some way.

On the other hand I also kind of like the idea of the different ranks unlocking ship classes and possibly just ship related tech (hyperdrives, drills, navcomps, weapons etc). And all the other more base oriented tech (generators, power banks, shields, maybe even pipes?) you could buy as you wanted with the SLXP, but progressively of course (gen 1 before gen 2).

I think I like the second one a little more to be honest. But really either is good.

yeah i’m gonna go with the second one