Let's Add Stealth Drives

maybe a different multi block that makes your’e ship invisible ?

its doesnt provide advantage, everybody will just go invisible and nothing will happen on the server anymore!

large battles, base attacks etc will still be happening

I agree with noty. Colonists ALREADY have an advantage, whoever thinks colonist should get a buff, should go throw a nerf ball at themselves. The main issue though, is /getpos

Perhaps before we add a stealth system for ships, we could add a cloak projector for bases? Something that makes bases invisible from the maps, replacing them with empty map images instead, and any player inside the radius of the cloak also to be invisible from the map, as well as undetectable via /getpos. The cloak barrier itself wouldn’t be a solid or physical dome or block, and players and ships could pass through it freely. If you enter the cloak field, you can then see what is hidden underneath it. But if you leave it, then it all disappears again. I feel like this would be a potential better first step towards stealth drives or cloaks versus having them equipped on ships first.

This seems more like a jammer. What I’ve seen of cloaks is making you invisible and unable to be found on radar or whatever. This just makes you not appear on the map (which seems like a radar with images). Just saying name seems unfitting for purpose. I like idea though. Also at least a third against this that have spoken are pirates… hmm

tell me how this WOULD work in our favor, you already have npc cities. ON EVERY PLANET. ON EVERY SYSTEM. IT’S HARD ENOUGH AS IT IS

I thought this was already ruled out can someone just close it

Last I heard, MicleBrick said he was planning on adding them.

(Comment #5 if you want proof)

It was discussed and most staff were strongly against it because it’d be overpowered for traders. Looking back, I think it might work if it’s for warships only?

If you’re all too stupid to see the advantages of being a pirate a with a stealth drive then I feel bad for you.

How about a stealth drive is used to hide you off dyn, but uses A LOT of energy, like the max cap of transports. We increase the amount of energy warships have in offense, but increase the power usage, as wall as boost the transport so it can use same weaponry, but not enough to keep a stealth drive on while firing, say a transport has 10k energy for firepower, stealth is 11k, and laser cannons are 5k, and transport can fire 2 while fighters can fire 4, having a power of 21k, while stealth is active or something.

Why not have it that the ship is unshielded while cloaked and it takes 15 seconds for the shields to switch from stealth to defense

How about it’s just for stations and it has a radius.(like station sheilds but blue and slightly bigger)
It won’t make things invisible just hide them from the map,the sidebar,and getpos (unless ur an admin)
if you get within 500 blocks you can see them on sidebar and getpos,but still not the map (because I don’t know how that would work)
Also requires tons of power.