Bigger Ships For Lower Levels

Currently a player’s ability to pilot ships of various sizes is limited by their level. I’m proposing a new mechanic. Multiple players can pilot a larger craft together as long as their levels add up to the minimum required level for one player to pilot said ship. When they pilot together, each individual player takes control of a different aspect of piloting the ship. For instance, one player controls the actual movement of the ship, another controls the weapons, and another controls the power distribution, etc. In a nutshell, I’m proposing that large ships like dreadnoughts and battle cruisers can be piloted by multiple lower level individuals if they work as a crew/team. Let me know what y’all think.

I actually really like this idea. How the ship functionality should work should change a bit, but other than that it’s a great idea.

Yeah but on SL, one man can pilot a cruiser. And if more in-experienced people tried to fly a battle cruiser they’d probably lose to a level one in a starfighter because they might not know how power works, and might try to just shoot every weapon node at once…